Yesterday was my fourth embryo transfer. I worked in the morning and then had my transfer at 2:00. I took both Valiums that were prescribed, and was feeling pretty great by the time of the transfer. My clinic always offers warm blankets for procedures, so I got to cozy up under those while being drugged up. For the first time, I didn’t overfill my bladder. I drank about half of what they suggest, and my bladder was full. I asked the technician that was checking my bladder if she would measure my uterine lining, which I’ve never had checked on transfer day. She said that it might be a slightly inflated number, because my bladder was full, and then told me that it was 10mm. When she left the room, my husband said the number on the screen was actually 10.9mm, so I am quite pleased. That is surely much higher than it’s ever been during a natural transfer cycle.

The technician, nurse and embryologist were all no-nonsense in delivering their spiels to me, which I was very happy about, because I’m sick of the peppy, positive attitudes of the clinicians I’ve had in the past at my clinic. The photo of my embryo showed it partially hatching, but I don’t know how much of a difference that makes. The embryology camera wasn’t working, so we couldn’t see the close up of our embryo being sucked up the tube. I’ve already seen the process three times before, and I didn’t even care about not seeing it. The doctor stuck it in me, and then I got to go home in my Valium-induced state. We stopped and picked up a fried vegetarian chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries on the way home. I went home and chowed those down while watching some frivolous teen movie on Netflix. After that I passed out for 4 hours! I woke up and ate a small dinner of roasted brussels sprouts and blueberry kefir, then went back to bed. All in all, it was an ideal transfer day.

I’m having a fairly quiet weekend. I went on an easy, flat 3-mile walk today, but I don’t plan to do any other exercise this weekend. I’ll be back to biking on Monday.  I haven’t felt any cramping or twitching, so of course I already think it didn’t work. I’ve already got embryo-failure plans if it doesn’t work: go to an expensive restaurant for a 3-course meal with wine pairing for my birthday at the end of the month and go to San Francisco during Pride weekend to party it up with a bunch of my gay friends at the end of June. It’s nice to have things to look forward to in case the transfer doesn’t work out.

3 thoughts on “FET#4: 1DP5DT

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s